Mission & Vision
We are a learning community that sparks the mind of each learner to strategically use his/her voice and insight to navigate the pathways of life as empathetic, global citizens.
We will dismantle systems of power and privilege within our school and our community to ensure that each student participates in authentic learning experiences to prepare them for college, career, and life.
Each learner comes to PREP with innate gifts and abilities to succeed in school and life.
Rigor: We engage our…
- Teachers and students by challenging them to take an active role in their own learning and co-creating empowering, democratic, and critical educational environments
- Teachers, students, families, and community-based organizations that understand the importance of designing authentic learning experiences that have a lasting impact on the academic, social, and emotional growth of each student
- Teachers, students, families, and community-based organizations in our mission to dismantle systems of power and privilege within our school and community
- Teachers and students in productive struggle through challenging, relevant, and authentic learning experiences
Relevance: We believe…
- Each learner comes to PREP with innate gifts and abilities (they woke up like that!) to succeed in school and life
- That transformative change within educational settings is possible through social justice
- In affirming and manifesting the culture and gifts of each learner to empower him/herself to create change from within and change in our community
- In working hard to reach our goals, taking risks, and having fun
Relationships: We embrace…
- The concept of fictive kinship.–Teachers and students although not related by birth share essential and reciprocal social, economic, and educational relationships
- Our teachers, students, families, and our community partners within a caring, culturally responsive, and supportive learning community
- The diversity and individuality of our teachers, learners, and families